Images and online content gets shared more nowadays and that’s a cold fact. Also digital spending is increasing exponentially and people will un-like your Facebook and Twitter pages if you over-post. Yes, these are things you really need to know in regard to social media for your online dating business.
Here are 20 online marketing and social media facts you need to know right now for your online dating website.
1. Facebook’s user base is estimated to reach 1.43 billion monthly users by the end of 2016. Mobile is estimated to account for 82% of Facebook’s US digital ad revenue this year. (Source: eMarketer)
2. 95.8% of social media marketers worldwide said Facebook produced the best ROI. (Source: eMarketer)
3. 21% of Facebook users say they unfollow brands that post repetitive or boring content. 19% say they would unfollow a brand on Facebook if the brand posted too often (more than six times a day). (Source: Adweek)
4. 91% of millennials (aged 15-34) are on Facebook. (Source: Infinitdatum)
5. There is on average a 45% increase in engagement when a LinkedIn post contains a link, a 50% increase in comments when a post contains a question, and a 98% increase in comments when the post contains an image. (Source: DMR)
6. 32% of U.S. companies with 100 employees or more used Instagram for marketing activities in 2015. That number is predicted to increase to nearly 49% this year and 70.7% next year. (Source: MediaPost)
7. 81% of B2B decision makers use online communities and blogs to help make purchasing decisions. 74% use LinkedIn and 42% use Twitter. (Source: Marketing Think)
8. 71% of consumers who have had a good social media service experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others. (Source: Get Ambassador)
9. Visual content (images or video) is 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Source: Hubspot)
10. 78% of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour. (Source: Lithium)
11. When it comes to communicating with businesses, 33% of Millennials prefer using social media over any other channel. (Source: Marketing Sherpa)
12. Internet users have an average of 54 social media accounts. These could be your future online dating members! (Source: Global Web Index)
13. When making a purchase, 75% of B2B buyers use social media for their decision-making. (Source: IDC)
14. Marketers who blog are 13 times more likely to generate a greater return of investment. (Source: Contently)
15. 74% of readers trust educational content from brands as long as it doesn’t push a sale. (Source: Contently)
16. 88% of B2B marketers in North America use Twitter for content distribution. (Source: DMR)
17. 56% of general internet display ads are never seen by actual humans. (Source: Contently)
18. Half of online buyers are using smartphones for purchases — with 40% of these purchases directly influenced by such devices. Conversely, the allocation for mobile in digital marketing only amounts to 3%. (Source: PureB2B)
19. Total spending on Internet advertising is predicted to grow 12.9% next year. Ahead of TV, Internet will become the largest medium for advertising this year. (Source: MediaPost)
And the most concerning stat…
20. One-third of marketers say they don’t know which digital marketing channel has the biggest positive impact on revenue. (Source: MarketingProfs) And this is why you need to track your online activities.
Which of these online stats surprised you the most? I could have added so many more, but these were the ones that stuck out the most.