If you are a small dating business and you have not yet made the effort to make your dating business known on social media, you are making a huge mistake. The methods businesses are using to market their services and products have changed completely over the last 3 years, and the addition of social media as a major form of marketing is one of the biggest changes. If not the biggest!
No matter what type of online dating business you run, you can expect that the vast majority of your target market and future members are hanging out there somewhere online. No matter their age, gender or dating niche, more and more people are creating social media accounts as a means of keeping in touch with friends and family, learning about current events, and connecting with services and products all over the country. Now is the time to make your online dating company relevant again by creating a social media platform.
1. It’s where you future members are spending their time. According to the Pew Research Centre, 65% of people have at least one social media account. Social media provides easy access to a large portion of the population, a population you might not be able to reach otherwise. So have you looked around? Are people’s heads up and looking around? No! They are looking at their phones all day, every day. And what are they looking at – Social media – Facebook, Twitter and all of the rest.
2. Its free-ish marketing. If you have ever paid for an online marketing campaign using print, TV, or radio, you know just how expensive getting your name out there can be. With a little bit of knowledge, and a little bit of a marketing budget, small businesses can easily run their social media accounts in house, creating an incredible group of followers/likes/etc that can produce revenue for years to come.
3. Build relationships with your loyal customers. Did you know that companies who engage with their customers online build stronger relationships characterized by loyalty? A recent study shows that 53 percent of adults ages 35 to 44 years old report they are more loyal to companies who engage with them on social media.
4. Improve your SEO. Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the name for how major search engine rate search results based on a predetermined algorithm. Basically, because of this algorithm, you are competing with every other business offering your services in your area for the top spot in a search result on Google. Improving your SEO is dependent on following the rules set in place by the algorithm, and social media presence is now being taken into consideration in search engine ranking. So in theory – the more you use social media the better visibility you will get.
5. Engage with customers in real time. Social media moves quickly, allowing customers to voice their questions, compliments, or complaints instantly online. Since you can access social media from any device that is connected to the web, you can respond to customer questions or concerns quickly and engage in conversations with your followers in real time.
6. Your competition is doing it. Now more than ever, dating site owners are using Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram to market their dating businesses to the online world. And the chances are, most of your competition has already created a solid social media platform. If your business isn’t on social media, you are falling behind other dating sites in your niche.