I doubt that anyone can have too much information about their dating sites’ performance. We at Dating Factory are working to give you all the reports and information possible, but it is also worth using third party tracking facilities for better SEO experience.
Do you want to see how search engine bots see your dating site? Do you want to know what errors they encounter in your site maps or robots.txt files? If the answer is yes you need to start using the specialist SEO software that will allow you analyze your dating site and advise about the opportunities you maybe missing out.
Let’s start with a free one that is available to everyone – Google webmaster tools. Google webmaster tools allow anyone who owns a dating web-site to track various metrics regarding their site’s performance. It includes anything from problems encountered while search engine bots crawl the site to the most prominent keywords that came up with the search results for you dating site. It is a fantastic tool for anyone who wants to know if Google (and other search engines) are having trouble crawling your dating site for any reason.
To get started with Google webmaster tools you need to get or sign into your Google account, and go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/.
After you have added your site to the list you will need to verify it.
There are few ways of doing this and here is the easiest one:
- Click “Add a site” button in your Google webmaster tools account and enter the URL of a site you’d like to manage there (please make sure you are entering it exactly how it appears in your browser – with or without www):
- Now click on the alternative methods tab and choose the “Add a meta tag to your site’s home page” method:
- Copy the meta tag to your clipboard and go to the DF admin panel. You need to put the meta tag to the source code of your site’s home page via the Front page (advanced) section. Please put it before the </head> tag:
- Save the changes, publish your site and wait until its development status changes to “Completed”:
- Go to Google webmaster tools and click the “Verify” button. If you did everything right, you’ll see the message:
We also recommend you watch the Google for Webmasters video tutorial: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2008/10/video-tutorial-google-for-webmasters.html.
Don’t hesitate to contact your account manager if you have any questions, and we hope that this information was useful for your SEO efforts!