We have spoken about how to make your dating site more “search engine friendly” here.
Now it is time to discuss what you could do to make visitors stay on your sites longer. The longer a visitor stays on your page, the more likely they will register, buy a subscription or at least bookmark your site and come back one day. Another important thing is that it’s been rumored that the time spent or visit duration metric, is one of the most important indicators used by Google’s algorithm in determining the rank of your site.
Of course we did our best in order to make the templates more user-friendly, but there is a lot of space for improvement and to AB test your pages and find out what’s making your visitors stay longer.
Google Analytics is a huge help here. You can check how long your visitors are staying on your site, how many pages they visited, etc.(make sure you have added the Google analytics code to your sites)
Understanding how visitors read online
Next sentence is the most important thing to keep in mind when writing and designing a web page:
Visitors don’t read, they scan! This is true and you know it! Recent studies have found people tend to scan pages in an F-shaped pattern – check out this article, it will be worth your time.
So what do you need to do?
- Write a good and catchy introduction
- Use simple language that is easy to read and understand
- Use meaningful titles and subtitles
- Use simple structures in your sentences. Keep paragraphs short. Invite a viewer in to read by breaking a long paragraph into several smaller sections with titles
- Use contrasting colors. Text is easier to read when font and background color are in high contrast
- Use text formatting. Highlight your text, make it bold or underlined
- Try to make your content into a story format. Make it interesting to read
- Check for grammar
Good example (the copy is divided into paragraphs, everything is looking catchy, unique content and useful for a visitor):
Bad example (no unique content at all):
Bad example (the copy is hard to read, there is no sense in the paragraph, it looks like a set of keywords):
A few more tips which could be useful:
- Make your site’s design unique by replacing the standard pictures with your own;
- Add some media content, like YouTube videos (keep them related to your site’s niche of course);
- Add an interactive feature: make visitors vote in polls so they come back again to see results;
- Focus on One Thing: Provide valuable content and they will stay. Instead of putting in a lot of extra links on your landing page, concentrate on what your visitors are looking for;
- Don’t overload your site with banners;
- You may not realize it yet but having white space on your pages will help your site visitors focus more on the content of your website. The white space removes clutter from the pages. If there are just too many things to see and read on a particular page, your visitors will lose focus;
- Send newsletters to your members, it’ll make them come back to your site and check what has changed since their last visit;
- Do AB testing to understand what your audience likes and what they don’t like (again, Google Analytics is a great help here).
I’m sure that tweaking your sites will improve your conversions, so go ahead and make your visitors love the content on your site!
Make sure you measure the results and share your success with us on DF forum – https://datingfactory.com/forum/
Head of Partner support